Business Permits and Licenses
Business Licenses (New and Renewals)
Online application for new businesses and renewals of current business licenses.
Information and application for holding an event with in the City of Santa Monica.
Guidelines, requirements and applications for filming in the City of Santa Monica.
Food Vendors Permit
Access the City Municipal Code in relation to street vending. For permit information, contact the City Business License Department at 310-458-8745 or the City Police Department at 310-458-8491.
- Alcohol Beverage Control Licenses and Forms: State of California Dept. of Alcoholic Beverage Control applications and requirements.
- Fictitious Business Name Application: Information and forms for transacting business in LA County under a fictitious business name.
- LA County Environmental Health: Retail food establishment inspections and plan check services for retail food facilities.
- State Board of Equalization: Information about the collection of California state sales and use taxes, as well as fuel, alcohol and tobacco taxes and fees.
Outdoor Dining Permit and License
Procedures and applications for obtaining a permit and license to operate an Outdoor Dining Area on the Public Right of Way in Santa Monica.
Information about obtaining parking privileges for businesses and their employees.
Applications and guidelines available through the Planning Department for signage, temporary use permits, etc.
Sign Guidance for Santa Monica Businesses
An information guide describing permitted and prohibited business signage.
- To apply for a sign permit, click here to view the application.
Street Performers License
View the City of Santa Monica Municipal Code concerning a Street Performer's License. To get additional information, contact the Business License Department at 310-458-8745.
Valet Parking Permit
Application and regulations relating to Valet Parking Permits.